The Accounting Administrator position is a full-time exempt position. The individual is responsible for reviewing, organizing, and reconciling various accounting transactions and reconciling general ledger accounts in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), all applicable statutory, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements of Cummings Aerospace. The Accounting Administrator position will report to the Accounting Director.
- Process AP transactions and perform account reconciliations in support of month-end and year-end close reporting
- Review and process expense reports for accuracy and compliance with corporate guidelines
- Perform general reconciliation, creating AP vouchers, and issuing direct deposit slips
- Provide reports, schedules and other supporting documentation for internal and/or external audit preparation
- Support the development and/or enhancement of corporate processes related to accounting and purchasing
- Assisting with the implementation new internal controls to ensure compliance and enhance the workflow of the accounting department
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in DoD/ government accounting
- Experience with payroll and payroll tax return processing for multiple states is required
- Knowledge of government contracting, DCAA, FAR and FTR
- Experience with DELTEK Costpoint highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in general ledger, accounts payable, and invoice processing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong time management and planning skills and able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required
- Candidate must be a US citizen and able to successfully pass a background investigation
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.