Cummings helps Raytheon field technology that over-matches threat
HUNTSVILE, Ala. (August 5, 2019) — The U.S. Army will soon be evaluating a new missile defense radar, featuring technology from Cummings Aerospace. The radar, made by Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is being evaluated by the U.S. Army as part of a competition for the Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor. Raytheon submitted its proposal on July 16.
“Our number one priority is helping Raytheon provide the warfighter a brand new radar at the speed of relevance,” said Sheila Cummings, CEO of Cummings Aerospace. “We have the experience and capability to help provide the men and women in uniform a mature, cutting edge and incredibly capable radar.”
Cummings Aerospace provides advanced modeling, simulation and visualization for LTAMDS.
Raytheon’s LTAMDS offering was demonstrated in an event known as a sense-off, which put Raytheon’s LTAMDS solution through a series of challenging scenarios. Raytheon completed its sense-off participation on May 15.
During the sense-off, Raytheon’s LTAMDS solution
- Demonstrated key mission capabilities to the warfighter
- Validated the maturity of the Raytheon LTAMDS design
- Successfully acquired and tracked a variety of threat-representative targets
- Demonstrated advanced capabilities showcasing Raytheon’s solution
Raytheon's article featuring Cummings Aerospace located at https://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/you-can-call-it-radar-city
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogNews | Quality | Technology |
Most Popular Articles
- Now Offering Agile Training
- Cummings Aerospace successfully completed AS9100 Rev D certification
- Sara Deaton selected to serve as an Ambassador for Capability Counts 2019
- Congratulations to our 2016 Employee Award Winners!
- U.S. Air Force seeking replacement for Minuteman III ICBM
- "Game Changing Technologies"
- Expanding into Manufacturing on the Foundation of Quality
- Cummings Aerospace and Air Force Partner to Develop the Next Generation of Scientist and Engineers