The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for the technical and programmatic execution of a program(s) as well as leading and supervising personnel. The individual will serve as a primary interface with the customers on technical and programmatic matters related to the contracts for which he/she is assigned. The Deputy Program Manager will report to the SFT Program Director.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to team members in order to meet customer and program requirements.
- Aid in the the technical management and execution of all program resources, ensure technical solutions are commensurate with customer requirements and proposed resources.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration among team members and customer representatives in the execution of programs.
- Ensure the quality of products delivered on the program(s) meets corporate standards and customer expectations and ensure customer satisfaction to the best of your ability.
- Work within an Agile Scrum environment and serve as the direct interface with customers to ensure that contractual requirements map to backlog items with the appropriate level of definition of done.
- Represents the product’s stakeholders and is the voice of the customer
- Has ownership of the product and defines the product roadmap in relationship with stakeholders
- Responsible for creating the initial high-level Story Point estimates for Epics and Stories with inputs from lead developers
- Prepare program status reports and briefing for corporate and customer reviews.
- Develop and track project/program plans and execution strategies in support of customer and corporate requirements.
- Provide monthly estimates to complete on individual programs and ensure accurate program financial forecasts.
- Aid in the business development efforts to identify opportunities for growth within the customer base.
- Support Human Resources with all aspects of recruiting to meet program(s) staffing requirements.
- Aid in the execution of program management activities in collaboration with corporate operations personnel to include; defining staffing requirements, recruiting, development of monthly technical reports, program management reports, and other contractual deliverables.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the corporate quality management system and how it applies to your program(s).
Skills and Competencies:
- BS degree in Engineering, Math or a related field required, MS degree preferred.
- At least 15 years of technical leadership and/or program management experience required, preferably in the Aerospace Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with team members, customer and senior management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills on large complex programs in the Aerospace or DoD preferably specifically related to the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS) and associated sensor systems.
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation product development, model-based systems engineering and Software Engineering practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize work of others and deliver on time work products.
- Active Secret Clearance required, Top Secret preferred.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.