The Facility Security Officer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will be responsible for the facility security management and support administrative functions at the Huntsville, Alabama facility as well as provide ancillary support for other corporate locations. This work is in support of Government contracts by implementing and administering policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, customer requirements and company policies. The individual will report to the Director of Business Operations.
- Successfully implement and maintain the facility security program IAW the NISPOM
- Assist the ISSM with management of information systems to ensure compliance with NISPOM, DoD and other US Government agency security requirements.
- Perform security functions including; process visit requests, personnel investigations, security clearance applications, security incident investigations, initial and refresher security training, document control, etc.
- Interface with Director of Business Operations, IT manager, ISSM and provider on cyber and physical security related matters to ensure system operations in accordance with NIST requirements.
- Interface with corporate operations functional managers and program managers on security matters.
- Provide security support to FSOs for other corporate locations.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Huntsville facility to include; interface with the property management company, support administrative tasks, maintain corporate office supplies and equipment, etc.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- At least 7 years security-related experience in support of DoD programs.
- Thorough knowledge of government security regulations, manuals, and processes, to include the NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement, DSS RMF principles, OPSEC principles, and COMSEC requirements
- Knowledge of industrial security databases, derivative classification requirements
- Candidate must demonstrate very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize work and deliver on time work products
- Minimum SFPC through CDSE SPeD program and/or ISP certification. (not required, but desired)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Clerical and office management experience is highly desired
- Candidate must have an active TOP SECRET security clearance.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.