The Flight Test Planning Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will interface with MDA event leads to plan NSITE software/system involvement during MDA Flight Tests and oversee NSITE involvement during event execution. The individual will execute daily duties at a facility on Redstone Arsenal. This individual will report to the MDS Program Director.
- Schedule and de-conflict team members deploying to supporting Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test events related to NSITE software use across all COCOMs.
- Review deployed personnel status reports and provide guidance. This may require monitoring communications outside of normal work hours.
- Perform technical reviews of system engineering and network documentation.
- Understand PO systems, fielded system locations, and software capabilities.
- Compile inputs for weekly Operations reports.
- Operate NSITE software during assigned Flight Test events. Operations are determined by the MDA test schedule and may fall outside of normal operating hours.
- Ensure customer and corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree (IT related) plus 6 years of experience or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership and personnel management experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and reporting practices
- Basic Information Technology (IT) principles and troubleshooting experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio
- Ability to deploy for CONUS and OCONUS support (on average 25% per year)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Microsoft Windows OS Certification
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and intuitive presentation results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.