The Functional Test Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will execute a quality assurance process basing test cases on the specifications of the software component under test using NSITE (Network, System Integration and Test Environment). NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued interoperability testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The individual will execute daily duties at a facility on Redstone Arsenal. This individual will report to the MDS Program Director.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test each software fix/change associated with correcting a software design deficiency or enhancement.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test Cyber updates and patches associated with the NSITE software.
- Develop test documentation and conduct test cases to functionally test hardware used in conjunction with NSITE software.
- During the conduct of formal and informal tests, open problem reports in Team Foundation Server for each software implementation that does not comply with its associated software requirement, as verified during test.
- Interface directly with members of Software and Functional Test Teams, NSITE Development Team, NSITE Operations Team and NSITE Program Management to include software issues detected internally and fielded.
- Interface directly with members of Integrated Communications Engineering & Security (ICES) Team in matters of cyber security, hardware and lab testing.
- Actively participate in NSITE Formal Qualification Tests to perform functional testing and assist with software testing as required. Work with Software Quality Control (QC) personnel as required during testing.
- Actively participate in all team meetings to include all sprint kickoff, sprint retrospect, and daily and weekly standup meetings.
- Ensure customer and corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field.
- Security+ Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Strong Windows 10 OS configuration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience configuring and using Internet Protocol (IP), Serial networks and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting IP traffic utilizing Wireshark or Omnipeek software.
- Self-starter; able to function independently and in a team environment where priorities and assignments can quickly shift.
- Experience designing and writing both formal and informal test procedures.
- Experience Functionally Testing new computer hardware, NICs, switches, etc.
- Ability to write clear and concise software defect reports.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment with aggressive schedules.
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and intuitive presentation results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
Preferred (not required) Skills
- Familiarity with Tactical Interoperability Communications Data Links (6016, 3011, DIS, VMF, B Series, etc.).
- Functional understanding of tactical interoperability equipment to include Air Defense Systems Integrator (ADSI), Link Monitoring and Management Tool (LMMT), Joint Range Extension (JRE) or like systems.
- Network+ Certification.
- Familiarity with the NSITE Software.
- Software Functional Test experience to include Cyber/IA testing.
- UHF Tactical Radio operation experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio.
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development processes and familiarity with JIRA Software.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience operating and testing 3D graphical displays.
- Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test planning and procedures.
- Familiarity with HBSS components and general information assurance practices.
- Familiarity with creating and understanding Visio diagrams.
- Candidates must possess an active security clearance.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.