HUNTSVILLE, August 30, 2021—Cummings Aerospace is pleased to announce the appointment of a new board member, John P. Schaub. “We are excited to channel John’s expertise into further growth and development of our company,” said Sheila Cummings, President and CEO of Cummings Aerospace.
John P. Schaub recently retired from a 33-year career at Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). In his position as Director of the Naval Center for Space Technology (NCST), he led cutting-edge space research and development programs for the Department of the Navy (DoN), Department of Defense (DoD), and the Intelligence Community (IC).
Mr. Schaub dedicated his career to becoming a recognized expert in the design and development of space systems, program management, and systems engineering. He contributed to the development of capabilities in C4ISR, terrestrial and space weather, strategic and missile defense, operationally responsive space, space robotics/AI, and hypersonics.
Schaub earned dual bachelor’s degrees in mechanical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and physics with honors from SUNY Oneonta. In 2014, SUNY Oneonta named him an Alumni of Distinction. Schaub is the recipient of the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, the Navy Award of Merit for Group Achievement, and the NRO AS&T Directorate Team of the Year Award.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogNews | Quality | STEM | Technology | UNCP |
Most Popular Articles
- Now Offering Agile Training
- Cummings Aerospace successfully completed AS9100 Rev D certification
- Sara Deaton selected to serve as an Ambassador for Capability Counts 2019
- Congratulations to our 2016 Employee Award Winners!
- U.S. Air Force seeking replacement for Minuteman III ICBM
- "Game Changing Technologies"
- Cummings Aerospace and Air Force Partner to Develop the Next Generation of Scientist and Engineers
- Expanding into Manufacturing on the Foundation of Quality