The Network/Comms System Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will work across all project teams to complete assignments and deliverables, meeting schedule commitments. The individual will be architecting a complex communications network working with an energetic and diverse team in a unique, fast paced environment. This individual will report to the MDS Program Director.
- Develop requirements and design for a complex Network Communication system, including systems engineering requirements specification, model-based system engineering (MBSE), interface and requirements development, and Network bandwidth/capacity loading analysis
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify network communications systems through development of N&C documentation and drawings to represent the system baseline design.
- Supports Network M&S Lead with system modeling in both MBSE and Riverbed (OPNET) Network modeling toolsets.
- Work with Network & Communnications team, industry partners, and component suppliers to achieve project goals in support of system-level reviews and proposal development.
- Provide coordination support between program functional groups consisting of systems engineering, user groups, prototype, research and development, and integrated product teams to assist in clarifying requirements throughout the product lifecycle, including: architecture, design, development, test, integration, and operational transition activities.
- Ensure customer and corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- B.S. degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Systems, Telecommunications, etc)
- Minimum of 9 years of experience, preferably in the DoD industry
- LAN/WAN domain knowledge, including specification development and network modeling & simulation experience
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required, CISSP certification desired
- Sufficient understanding of computer networks in a secure environment and demonstrable ability to perform integration of network computers with electronic systems to support system integration and test.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining classified computer networks to comply with Defense Security Services (DSS) computer security requirements (NISPOM Chap. 8 and the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Ability to generate clear, concise, and intuitive presentation results
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Candidates must possess an active security clearance. Top Secret preferred
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.