The Principal Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will lead engineering activities including: the development of GNC modeling and simulation tools, develop GNC algorithms and architectures to support simulations, perform GNC trade studies and performance assessments of aerospace systems, and provide oversight of engineering analysis. The individual will be responsible for executing technical and program management responsibilities.
- Apply knowledge of classical and modern methods, theories, and research techniques in the design, analysis, modeling, and simulation of GNC systems
- Develop GNC models and algorithms for implementation in aerospace vehicle simulations
- Perform engineering trade studies to support GNC design and/or performance analysis
- Support hardware-in-the-loop test bed development, integration, and execution for aerospace vehicles
- Document and present analysis results to technical leads, management, and/or customers
- Lead the development and on-time delivery of technical products to our customers
- May assist with program management tasks including personnel management, resource planning, scheduling, execution, and reporting
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties
- Support program meetings and technical reviews with internal and external customers
- Support other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering required; MS preferred
- At least 12 years of engineering experience with GNC system design, development, and test for DoD program required
- At least 5 years of technical leadership and/or program management required
- Experience modeling GNC systems and conducting missile system trade studies required
- Scientific programming experience required. Programming experience with C. C++, MATLAB and/or Simulink code development.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and design implementations
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to organize work and deliver on time work products
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and have an Active DOD Secret Security Clearance
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.