The Principal Systems Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will be working in a team environment supporting a missile defense system program. The individual will apply engineering knowledge and discipline to develop system solutions and participate in all phases of system development. The individual will report to a Cummings Aerospace Program Director. This position will work in the Marlborough, MA area.
- Development of software requirements specifications
- Development of software Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Development of the Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) API for software
- Document the installation and configuration of software in a User’s Manual
- Perform engineering trade studies to support the program.
- Document and present technical results to engineering leads, management and/or customers.
- Lead and/or support the development and execution of engineering plans and documents such as; Systems Engineering Management Plans, Requirements Specifications, Test Plans and Test Procedures, and Risk Management Plans.
- Provide technical participation in engineering and program reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), and/or working group meetings.
- Interface with other members of the engineering team to provide engineering and analytic support to system design and trade studies
- Support other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Aerospace or Systems Engineering or related field required. MS degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience on DoD programs
- Experience with Customer/User needs assessment and requirements development
- Familiarity with System Concept of Operations Development and System Architecture
- Domain experience in one or more of the following:
- Radar/Sensor Systems
- Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Systems
- Missile Guidance Systems
- IT and Networking Systems
- System of Systems and Interoperability Functions
- Experience with algorithm development, modeling and simulation and analysis and related tools, including MATLAB
- Experience with Systems Engineering Product Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Government Specification Development Standards and Experience with System Requirements flow-down, System Requirements development, requirement analysis and traceability
- Experience in DOORS preferred
- US Citizenship and Active DOD Secret Security Clearance required. Top Secret Clearance preferred
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.