The Radar Test Analyst II position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will support Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Ground and Flight Test analysis and test event execution. The individual will report to the Missile Defense Systems Program Manager.
- Perform analysis of radar systems using simulation software, comparing simulation results against test case design descriptions
- Document and communicate simulation software anomalies/errors.
- Participate in CONOPs, Operator Procedures, and Lessons Learned reviews and documentation.
- Generate Quick-Look reports, perform data reductions, and communicate post-test product readiness to the analysts.
- Operate test strings in the BMDS ground test laboratories.
- Interface with the Test Execution Controller (TEC) or Mission Manager during test events.
- Conduct pre-test and post-test meetings to communicate status and review test scenario results and/ or issues.
- Coordinate with customer regarding asset or team availability to participate in test
- Support other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Engineering, Math or Science is required.
- 3-7 years of engineering experience, preferably with DoD systems.
- Knowledge of radar principles including detection, tracking, discrimination and resource management is highly desired
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems is highly desired.
- Experience with MATLAB and/or other scripting languages is preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate personnel and event critical workflow and deliver on time work products
- Candidate must have an active SECRET security clearance.
- Position may require travel to support test events.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.