The Radar Test Operator is a full-time exempt position. The individual will support Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Integrated Ground Tests (GTIs), Distributed Ground Tests (GTDs), and Flight Test events in the execution of test objective. The Radar Test Operator will report to the Missile Defense Systems Program Manager.
- Support the installation and checkout of radar mission data and DIGISIM scenarios
- Perform analysis of radar systems using simulation software, comparing simulation results against test case design descriptions
- Document and communicate simulation software anomalies/errors
- Participate in CONOPs, Operator Procedures, and Lessons Learned reviews and documentation.
- Generate Quick-Look reports, perform data reductions, and communicate post-test product readiness to the analysts.
- Operate and sustain the HWIL strings in the formal BMDS ground test laboratories
- Interface with the Test Execution Controller (TEC) or Mission Manager during test events
- Conduct pre-test and post-test meetings to communicate status and review test scenario results and/ or issues.
- Coordinate with customer regarding asset or team availability to participate in test
- Present status reports to the Mission Manager, Mission Lead, and/or Program Manager
- Support other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- HS Diploma required
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems is required
- Knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense System principles is highly desired
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must demonstrate very good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate personnel and event critical workflow and deliver on time work products
- Position may require travel for extended periods in support of distributed ground test deployments.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.