The Senior Contracts Administrator position is a full time exempt position. The individual will be responsible for leading and executing all aspects of contracts, subcontracts, and purchasing for the company. The Senior Contracts Administrator will report to the Director of Contracts.
- Oversee contract performance for conformance to original proposal and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and administration of major contracts in compliance with all company policies and procedures legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations
- Lead the execution and management of the Contract Risk process to effectively mitigate corporate risk
- Interface with prime/subcontractor and government contracting officers on contract related matters
- Prepare and disseminate information to the appropriate individuals regarding contract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination
- Prepare special reports and analysis as required and present status reports in staff meetings and executive reviews
- Support the development and/or enhancement of corporate processes related to contracts, purchasing and accounting
- Interface across the corporate operations functions including: Human Resources, Accounting, Security, and Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Contract Management, or equivalent required
- At least 10 years of experience managing DoD prime and subcontracts
- In depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Experience executing all contract types (Cost Plus, Time & Materials, Fixed Price)
- CCCM, CFCM, or CPCM certification highly desired
- Ability to prioritize daily workload, act proactively, and respond to requests promptly
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Unanet and Deltek Costpoint desired
- Proposal preparation experience required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively interface with customers (internal and external) from lower level to executive level employees
- Active Secret Clearance highly desired. Candidate must be a US citizen and able to successfully pass a background investigation.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cummings Aerospace’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.