The Senior Software Engine position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will lead software engineering activities to include: implementing software architectures, developing software design artifacts, translating system and subsystem software design requirements into code, and overseeing software testing. The individual will be responsible for supervising a team of developers to ensure that the product is developed per the customer requirements and delivery schedule following corporate processes and procedures. The individual will report to the SFT Program Director.
- Lead the development and documentation of software requirements using the Agile SCRUM process.
- Support software architecture development to meet customer requirements.
- Lead a team of software engineers in the development and implementation of software solutions.
- Interface with the Software Test IPT to ensure functional and system level software testing is performed in accordance with the SCRUM process.
- Lead the adjudication and resolution of software bugs, issues, test failures, or other issues that arise during the development process.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties.
- Lead and/or participate in internal and external technical meetings/forums to discuss project status.
- Support the enhancement of SCRUM processes and training as needed to improve program efficiency and personnel understanding.
- Provide technical leadership and supervision of personnel supporting the Software IPT.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Engineering, or Computer Science required
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering experience required, preferably in the DoD industry
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing complex software solutions
- Demonstrated experience with OpenGL
- Ability to organize work and deliver on time work products with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively lead a team of SW engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented
- Active Top Secret Clearance Preferred. Must be eligible and able to maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.