The Software Test Engineer should be capable of designing test suites and should have the ability to understand usability issues. Candidates are expected to have sound knowledge of software test design and test execution methodologies. The Software Test Engineer will support the development team and will report to the SFT Program Director.
- Design independent use cases for each newly developed application and functionalities within existing applications
- Testing activities include writing test plans, executing tests, regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, etc.
- Responsible for designing testing scenarios for usability testing
- Responsible for creating test designs, test processes, test cases, and test data
- Responsible to carry out testing as per the defined procedures
- Responsible for creating test-product documentation
- Provide feedback to developers about automated testing strategies, design fixes, and patches
- Perform system verification tests for new and upgraded products
- Manage testing projects during each phase, according to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Provide suggested improvements to functionality, design, and usability of new products
- Contribute in improving the overall quality of our software development processes and practices
- Function within a fast paced and evolving product using the Agile/Scrum process
Skills and Competencies
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Software Tester
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or another related technical field is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, and UI/UX testing
- Scrum Process Training Desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.