The Systems Engineer position is a full-time exempt position. The individual will provide software development support to include developing software code architecture and translating system and subsystem software design into requirements.
- Establish software detailed design requirements from system requirements
- Design software architecture from system, subsystem and interface requirements
- Establish and document software requirements using the Agile SCRUM process.
- Document detailed software design
- Link UML diagrams to source code to aid in auto-updates of the as-built design
- Work with program management to help define work products and delivery schedules
- Conduct unit testing of software modules
- Support software integration testing
- Support company software change process
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Engineering, or Computer Science required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required, preferably in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming (C++, Java) and UML tools preferably Magic Draw
- Experience working with Software Engineers translating Systems Requirements into software design requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented
- Active Secret Clearance Required
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.