The Aerospace/Systems Engineer III role is a full-time exempt position. The successful candidate will support engineering activities for next-generation missiles in close coordination with a customer team. Engineering tasks include developing system engineering models and simulation tools, performing system trade studies and requirements assessments of aerospace systems. The individual will be responsible for executing technical assignments with minimal supervision and will report to a Program Manager within the Air Force Programs Business Unit.
- Systems Engineering Integration Support including: program review planning and progress tracking, risk and opportunity assessment, interface analysis and definition, trade study support, and test planning.
- Requirements definition, specification development and verification, parameter allocations, specification and ICD development, verification planning and objective evidence capture.
- Document, report, and present analysis results to technical leads, management team and/or customers.
- Contribute to the development and on-time delivery of technical products to our customers.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to in the day to day performance of duties.
- Support other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- BS degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience required, preferably supporting the DoD industry.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Systems Engineering principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a spirit of innovation.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with some or all of the following languages: Python, C++, Matlab, Simulink.
- Experience with design, analysis, modeling, and simulation of aerospace systems.
- Knowledge of classical and modern feedback control methods, and theories for guidance, navigation and control (GNC).
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop test bed development and integration.
- Experience with microcontrollers and implementing embedded control systems.
- Candidate must have an active SECRET security clearance.
Cummings Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cummings Aerospace complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cummings Aerospace expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.